Modern education is evolving into a different shape. Faced with the demands of an ever more complex world, today's learning is being delivered in a multiplicity of forms and a variety of new environments. What will the shape of future learning look like? How are we changing learning to meet our new demands? How is learning changing us? What does changing learning offer us?
The 20th edition of ONLINE EDUCA BERLIN will focus on the evolving shape of modern learning and the opportunity that the variety of modern, technology-assisted learning brings.
Better and Best Practices
Submit your proposal and share the “how to” of better and best practices. These examples grow didactic and digital competencies of learning professionals and improve relevant skills and capabilities for learners. Share what you have learned using specific techniques and methods.
- Interaction, engagement, learner-generated and quality video (VIDEO EDUCA)
- Content curation, content development and content delivery
- MOOCs: platforms, designs and lesson plans for the massive, micro, boutique, for-cost, free and open
- The application and reward of games, simulations, virtual worlds and immersive learning
- More blended and flipped learning
- Increased mobile, social and networked learning
- Supporting personalised learning, personalised learning environments and self-directed learning
- Using technology for education and training in a specialised subject-area (from languages and maths to training for the financial services sector)
- Using technology for education and training at different educational levels (K-12, schools, VET, HEIs, postgraduate, adult education, LLL)
- E-learning for e-inclusion: youth at risk, the aging population and special needs
- Social innovation for active inclusion
Training, Learning and Talent Development Strategies
Implement training, learning and talent development strategies with learning professionals at Business EDUCA. Do technologies designed for organisational learning meet organisational needs? What are the views of consumers of learning materials on certification and assessment as they develop their talents and capabilities? What is the key to promote engagement?
- Engaging busy workers
- Embedding experimental and informal learning
- Implementing online assessment and certification
- Promoting sustainable learning by exchange and collaboration: the power of social and networked learning
- Designing enterprise-wide and life-wide learning
- Business advantage through interactive leadership: the role of management
- E-Inclusion and employability
The Cutting Edge
Submit your proposal and showcase the cutting edge. Share solutions, services or products for educators, learners, trainers and learning providers which support innovative methodologies, didactics and pedagogies and effectively use digital tools. Including consumer tech, wearable computing, augmented learning and?
- Advanced solutions
- New services
- Pilot products
- Breakthrough tools
The Education Ecosystem
Submit your proposal to discuss the education ecosystem. What are the latest thoughts and examples of how education can be unbundled to create flexible, scalable and affordable learning and training?
- Optimising infrastructures for interoperability
- Supporting global learning and training: the global classroom
- Examples of design thinking and agility
- Vocational Learning and training: e-learning and apprenticeships
- Growing teaching and learning professional competencies
- Accreditation, standardisation, certification, badges and credentials for formal and non-formal learning
The New Business of Learning
Submit your proposal to define the new business of learning. What lies beyond the traditional monopoly on supply of education? Increased (global) access and reduction of costs? Institutional models alter, new organisational strategies are determined and foundations for collaboration and partnerships are explored: contribute your experiences.
- Competing and warranting success as a learning solution provider
- Developing and implementing business models/policies/strategies/visions
- For-profit, for free or a mix: commercialisation of education
- Supporting openness: radical transparency and access for all
- Contributions of edupreneurs and edtech
- Partnerships and collaboration
(Big) Data for Education, Learning and Training
Contribute your expertise of using data for education, learning and training. Possessing and using relevant data can determine the value of education better than ever. What is your story?
- Extracting quality data and evaluating metrics
- Adaptive learning: continuous assessment and feedback
- Learning analytics, e-portfolios
- Privacy, data-collection and storage (with link to Security and Defense Learning page)